Software Test Engineer
Ronald James Group
Newcastle upon Tyne
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne
£35,000 - £40,000
We are looking for an experienced Software Test Engineer for a company within the global construction industry. You will be heavily involved in building and maintaining high-quality software products and services. They are looking for someone who has a proactive approach to work, and the hunger to learn on the job as well expand their skillset.
- Collaborate with the development team to understand requirements of sprint deliverables, writing test plans where appropriate and completing testing tasks.
- Identify, report and verify defects to a required standard working closely with the Software Delivery teams ensuring teams see them through to completion.
- Work closely with the development team to identify improvements to process and product quality introducing automation techniques where possible.
- Maintain contact with Test Engineers on other projects and share knowledge and best practices.
- Develop an awareness and contribute to non-functional testing including performance, load and security testing.
- Participate in and promote a culture of pair testing, pair coding, code reviews and collaborating closely with other people.
- Identify and implement quality improvements to aid continuous improvement within the software development lifecycle.
- Contribute to the development of our quality assurance principles and promote their adoption and adherence across Software Delivery teams.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of test automation frameworks for products and their continued maintenance.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of end to end tests working with development colleagues to rectify any issues identified.
- Help mentor, motivate and continually challenge other testing colleagues.
- Where required collaborate with external suppliers, partners and customers.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in software testing.
- The job holder may also be asked to undertake other duties outside of this job description that are commensurate with their skills and experience, including tasks delegated by the Quality Assurance Manager and other management staff.
What they are looking for:
- Proven ability and achievement in software testing and quality assurance
- An advocate of high-quality software, looking for ways to drive and improve quality through automation wherever possible
- Demonstrable experience of best practices in automated testing of web applications using one or more test frameworks such as Cypress or Selenium WebDriver.
- Demonstrable experience of best practices in automated testing of web APIs using one and familiarity with tools such as Postman.
- Experience operating within an agile and DevOps delivery environment and be a passionate advocate of these practices
- A logical thinker with the ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels from across the business.
- A passion for technology and committed to continuing professional development
- Experience working with databases is desirable but not essential
- Accreditation in ISTQB Foundation Level or above is desirable but not essential
If this sounds like something you're looking for - Apply now!
Chat on WhatsApp
Chat on Messenger
Back to Jobs