Newcastle upon Tyne
£35,000 - £45,000
C++ Developer Unreal
- Software development in Unreal with C++
- Developing new features based on customer specifications
- Writing clean, clear, comprehensible, documented and performance-optimised code
- Writing documentation for the usage of the scripts/modules in Unreal
- General suggestions and ideas to enhance our solutions
- Mentor and coach less experienced members of the team both on projects and with their self-development
- Work in cooperation with Designers and QA testers, listening to feedback and highlighting ways of solving any technical issues
- Work with Producers to ensure timescales and project deliverables are met Development and promotion of propriety technologies
Your Qualifications and Calibre
- At least 5 years hands-on coding in C++
- Experience with network programming
- Experience in optimising the performance of desktop / mobile -3D in Unreal
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team
- Keen to share knowledge, mentor and support the development of less experienced team members
- Strong communication skills – effective listening, confident in proposing ideas and excellent written work
- Reliable, professional and trustworthy - able to work on confidential projects
- Genuinely driven by quality and having a passion for future-focused technologies
It would also be good if you have...
- Experience in VR/AR, mobile and desktop
- Knowledge of third party tools and applications (Amazon Web Services / Microsoft Azure / Google) or similar
- Experience in the games industry
- Experience with Version Control Tools like SVN
- Experience with Agile Development and methodologies
- Undertaking a Basic Disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service will be a necessity at offer stage.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.
Chat on WhatsApp
Chat on Messenger
Back to Jobs