We are looking for an ambitious Design lead for a company within the fintech sector. You will be overseeing the customer experience that they provide to their customers on all digital channels. They correctly balance short-term tactical decision making with long term UX strategy.
In the role, the Design Lead is accountable for:
● Providing creative direction and taking responsibility for the holistic customer experience we provide.
● Working closely with Product Managers to define requirements, influence backlog prioritisation and maintain a steady pipeline of work that is ready for design.
● Ensuring that we stay customer-centric throughout, by lending a deep understanding of our customer insight, design research and analytics data to projects.
● Ensuring individual projects to deliver the best experience to customers by helping stakeholders of all levels to make the right trade-offs. Where gaps exist in our knowledge about customers, they help devise cost-effective research methods and are able to manage the execution of this research.
● Liaising with stakeholders of all levels and presenting our work persuasively. As well as actively managing stakeholders to enable timely, effective and supportive decision making.
● Being collaborative by nature working with everyone from Technical Development teams, for technical validation of designs; to Product Managers, to create job stories in order to articulate requirements.
● Helping set design budgets in the context of overall portfolio budgets, which are up to £20m.
● The Design Lead makes everyone around them operate at their highest level by leading the continuous development of best practices in the team and sharing best practices across the business. They also manage up to 8 designers.
Experience required for the role:
● Extensive experience of using a range of design techniques from workshopping, concept through to prototyping to communicate and validate design solutions.
● An in-depth understanding of the design lifecycle to validate design approaches to ensure the desired outcomes will be achieved.
● In-depth understanding of the different digital and business disciplines that can influence design, and demonstrable evidence of being able to work with a range of stakeholders to navigate through these to deliver great design outcomes and never lose sight of the customer.
● Practical experience of managing design workflows and resource capacity to maximise team throughput.
● Experience of managing projects and budgets with internal and external stakeholders.
● Strong practical experience of planning and delivering end-to-end design projects.
Back to Jobs