This company in the Fintech sector is on a mission to make their customers happier with their fresh approach to finance. They are now looking for an Engineering Lead to join their team!
• This role will be focused on leading a team of multi-disciplined engineers to deliver compelling customer experiences and products across our mobile and online channels.
• We will give you the opportunity to develop your technical and leadership skill sets further through structure pathway training and industry accreditation.
• You will coordinate all activity within your team, devise and implement complex solutions, promote and collaborate our practice standards and patterns, and act as a subject matter expert with architecture and product teams.
• Our engineering culture is part of what makes us a great place to work, and we encourage all our engineers to share new ideas, challenge existing practices and always be looking for opportunities to improve their teams and our wider engineering community.
• As an engineering lead, the team will look to you to set a direction and drive-through service improvements, features and change. You will work closely with all engineers on your team from seniors to juniors, mentoring and building their careers, and will influence and work closely with our principal engineers on our longer term technology goals.
What you’ll bring:
•We work with the following tech stack, we don’t expect you to tick every box, and if you feel you hit most of the brief, it’s worth exploring to further develop your career here
• We build solutions using a mixture of Node, React, API, Terraform, Packer, Ansible, Python, Bash, DataDog using Jenkins as our pipeline tool.
• We’re on a journey to containerisation using Docker and Kubernetes – some experience of the platform would be desirable.
• A grasp of the big picture – we’re working to standardise our toolchain within the application teams and to set broader and wider goals for our technology direction and are looking for leads who can be a key part of that.
• A passion for sharing your experience and using that to influence your decisions. We know the journey of every engineer is different, so we encourage our engineering leads to play to their own strengths and shape their team in their own way.
Back to Jobs