The qualified candidate will help build the information security roadmap and work on key IS projects to build security capabilities for the organisation. The role is most suited to an experienced professional, someone who will not only identify security vulnerabilities in the systems and servers but who can stay abreast of new security technologies, integrating them into the security architecture design as appropriate.
The ideal candidate for the role needs to bring hands-on technical experience in designing, implementing, and supporting IS solutions in both enterprise and cloud environments. They should have experience working in or with lean, agile, or devops-oriented teams, as well as expert-level knowledge of security principles and technologies in application, infrastructure, network, cloud and endpoint security. The role will involve working with security vendors to evaluate products, analyse security functionality and submit feature requests, so prior experience in this aspect would also hold the candidate in good stead.
- Responsible for identifying security vulnerabilities in the systems and servers
- Build and maintain information security systems, apply security patches across servers and introduce procedures and processes based on industry best practices
- Define requirements, based on the overall information security strategy, and implement capabilities to comply with established standards to help mitigate security risks
- Provide responses to customer security questionnaires and internal and external auditors regarding information security capabilities and controls
- Monitor for security incidents and participate in incident response teams to contain, investigate, and prevent future information security incidents
- Understand current and emerging security threats and design security capabilities to mitigate threats where possible
- Stay abreast of new security technologies and integrate them into the security architecture design where appropriate
- Analyse IT projects and roadmaps and identify security dependencies and risks, and design solutions to remediate information security risks
- Manage all information security capabilities including threat management, vulnerability management and incident management
- Design, implement and test information security controls in enterprise, cloud, and product environments
- Manage and execute Pen tests and security vulnerabilities tests across the systems
- Create and champion information security policies, standards, guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on technical experience designing, implementing, and supporting information security solutions in enterprise and cloud environments
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree is ideal) in computer science or equivalent experience
- Expert-level knowledge of security principles and technologies in application, infrastructure, network, cloud and endpoint security
- Experience working with security vendors to evaluate products, analyse security functionality and submit feature requests
- CISSP or SANS GIAC certification
- Strong self-directed work habits exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance, professionalism and the ability to autonomously manage multiple concurrent projects
- Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality to be exercised at all times
- Proven track record for delivering results
- Strong, customer-oriented communication style with the ability to collaborate across a global team environment
- Advanced analytical and decision-making skills
- Experience with Linux, Windows and Mac OS X operating systems
- Python, Angular, Ruby, Shell, C++, C#, .NET, php, SQL
- Expert level understanding of source control tools and CI/CD tools
- Expert level understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform
- Work from home opportunities
- Discounted/free food
- Subsidised commuter solution
- Company events & social hours
- Company pension
- Employee discounts
- Casual dress
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.