Newcastle upon Tyne
£22000 - £28000
Junior Automated Test Engineer
The Junior Automated Test engineer’s role is to develop and execute automated test suites within an Agile/Scrum environment for NSML’s award-winning Internet Savings and Mortgage platforms.
What will you do:
The purpose of the role is to design, build, test and deploy effective test automation solutions. The automated test engineer applies appropriate automation technologies to meet the short, medium and long-term goals of NSML. The objective is to automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code/scripts.
This role requires developed expertise, typically through a combination of job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Acts as a mentor to support the work of others. Works autonomously within established procedures and practices. Performs moderately complex and dynamic assignments and impacts through the quality of service provided.
Scrum team general activities
- You should actively participate in Agile Scrum team activities – all ceremonies (Sprint Planning, Sprint review, Retrospectives and Backlog refinement activities).
- You should engage enthusiastically in Stand-ups, taking responsibility for delivering appropriate Scrum tasks, prioritising own workload appropriately and working reciprocally across the team.
- You will act as an integral member of the scrum team, participating fully in the development process, from design through delivery and deployment.
- Give positive feedback in retrospectives and reviews with accurate and timely delivery of Scrum tasks against estimated story points.
- Picking up and delivering tasks from other discipline areas/involvement through the full lifecycle.
Requirements and testing activities
- Develop test cases and outcomes for Unit, functional, acceptance, GUI, regression, performance and load testing in a TDD/BDD environment
- Working with Product Owner to agree and document acceptance criteria for User Stories.
- Work with the Product Owner to define product behaviours and requirements.
- Actively engage in “3 Amigos” discussions and ceremonies.
- Champion a right first time/QA up-front/everyone is a tester culture across the Scrum (and wider) teams.
- Foster and estimate accurately the activities of the automation testing (and wider activities).
- Robust and complete test outcomes and specified and deliverable User Story acceptance criteria and document the feedback appropriately.
- Accurate and predictable sprint progression against estimates, little re-work required.
- Uptake of a right first time culture and acceptance of automation.
- Communicate effectively with a range of partners both within the Scrum team and more widely
- Ability to communicate test requirements, failures and fail replication to the delivery team
- Ability to effectively demonstrate new product functionality
Requirements and testing activities
- Positive feedback from presentations and other interactions
- Positive feedback from peers on the Scrum team in retrospectives etc
- Feedback and observations by line manager and key partner
- Dedicatedly seek to continually develop personal skills and capabilities to deliver requirements of role to achieve our annual key objectives.
- IDP is current and informed by personal objectives
- Competence in knowledge of the business and Scrum role is increased
- Regular 1 to 1 updates with Line Manager
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.
Chat on WhatsApp
Chat on Messenger
Back to Jobs