This SaaS startup business is looking at its domain through a unique lens, and on the lookout for talented people with the right mindset – excited by doing things differently and challenging convention. Their main ambition is to create a highly scaled SaaS business that is underpinned by an ethical business model that doesn’t just focus on business growth but is also socially and environmentally considerate.
What kind of person they are looking for:
● Is motivated by a fast-paced and focused working environment
● Has extensive experience across all aspects of consistent software delivery with demonstrable experience producing high-quality and consistent software outcomes
● Is adept at making pragmatic decisions that balance technology and product requirements with the commercial needs of the business and its goals
● Has the necessary skills to engage at both management and technical levels
● Is a pragmatic problem solver that can think on their feet and make constructive thought-through decisions
● Is able to pragmatically weigh up and assess options before making key decisions
● Recognizes the value of upfront software design and is happy to inherit and further develop/improve existing software design principles
● Is experienced estimating work activity through the various stages of the software development process
● Is looking for their career to grow with an early-stage startup
This is a fully hands-on, lead software development role within an early-stage startup with opportunities for the right candidate to progress into a more complete leadership role very quickly encompassing people and software delivery (Head of Development) as you scale the team in line with the growth of the business.
● You’ll conduct software development of product features from frontend, backend to data (estimation, planning, implementation, release, source control etc.) using your full stack skills
● You’ll liaise with the product team and UX team on a regular basis with respect to the features you’re implementing
● In addition to day-to-day development, you’ll define design principles, software architecture and ways of working within a defined area of the tech stack that is suited to your skills
● You’ll ensure design principles/architecture are adhered to by the team by working collaboratively with them to ensure understanding.
● You’ll develop a sound understanding of and work with the CI/CD architecture on a day-to-day basis
● You’ll be instrumental in recruitment (when scale-up is required) of software engineers
● You’ll proactively report your progress during day-to-day delivery and guide the business on
technical priorities in your area (like key risks and issues) and how/when they should be addressed.
Technical skills & experience must include:
● Software development and implementation skills (10+ project life cycles)
● Software architecture and design (10+ project life cycles)
o Microservices would be desirable
● An understanding of containerization technology and awareness of orchestration platforms (k8s)
● Data architecture with NoSQL database technology is highly advantageous
If this is what you've been looking for, then apply now before it goes!Apply Now Chat on WhatsApp Chat on Messenger
Back to Jobs