Newcastle upon Tyne
£30000 - £35000
This role requires a specialised field of knowledge/professionals who use their judgement to apply expertise. May be accountable for the results of medium-sized routine support or operations teams. Solves problems based on practice and precedent. Trains team members and provides input to employee performance evaluations. Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills. Builds knowledge of the organisation, processes and customers.
What will you do
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake systems impact analysis and design in conjunction with Business Projects and/or directly with future users of the system to fully understand, agree and document any changes. To identify and communicate any business related risks associated with proposed changes.
- To identify and communicate any resource requirements to develop and implement the identified change (internal and external).
- To identify any external costs, i.e. additional hardware, stationery associated with system changes
We maintain high standards of software development in accordance with agreed standards change control procedures.
- To produce high-quality software changes in accordance to agreed schedules.
- To work within agreed procedures and standards. (i.e. Systems Development Life Cycle).
- To ensure adequate documentation is produced for all software developments in accordance with procedures.
You play a key role in system implementation, communication of changes, ongoing support and maintenance of systems.
- To prepare relevant documentation for change implementation (Transfer Request) in accordance with agreed standards to meet agreed timescales.
- Communicate implementation schedules to business partners.
- To provide post-implementation user support for system changes, in person or by telephone and ensure that any problems are identified and that the appropriate remedial action taken.
- Issue any relevant user documentation.
You assist, when required, in software evaluation.
- Assist in the evaluation of external software package based solutions when required.
- To undertake approved research into new technology as instructed.
- Promote awareness of new developments which may be applicable to the Group.
You contribute to all other development activities within the department as a continuing improvement of programming standards at NSML.
- To deputise for line manager or other senior department managers when required. (for example at weekly TCAB meetings)
- To contribute to all other development activities within the department, i.e. enhancement of current procedures and training.
- To assist in the development/mentoring of junior staff, providing on- the- job training where appropriate.
- To assist in the scheduling of work with Line Manager or Head of IT Development.
- To promote awareness and impact of changes within NSML.
- To communicate progress of workload
- All of us seek to continually develop personal skills and capabilities to deliver requirements of the role
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.
Chat on WhatsApp
Chat on Messenger
Back to Jobs