Our client is a leading supplier of software to the online gambling industry. They power some of the biggest brands globally, working in regulated markets and processing hundreds of millions of transactions per month.
Their headquarters are in Newcastle upon Tyne, in the heart of the north-east of England. They also have offices in Sofia, Bulgaria and Toronto, Canada.
They are looking to expand their team and are looking for a front end software engineer with excellent technical & communication skills to join the existing team.
They are looking for people who are passionate about producing good quality products and keen to contribute positively to their products and sites. This is a very exciting opportunity to work with modern tools to maintain and deliver compelling user experiences against their RESTful platform API, with their current toolstack consisting of technologies such as Vue.js, React, SASS/Less.
- Experience with RESTful web services and JSON
- Confident building responsive mobile first web sites and applications
- Experience with asset build processes and tools
- Knowledge of version control with Git
- Adherence to web standards and best practices for user-experience and accessibility
- Confident providing code reviews and sharing knowledge
- Experience problem solving and debugging
- Experience writing clean, lean and scalable Front End code
- Be comfortable with completing individual tasks, as well as collaborating with a team.
Nice to have:
- Awareness of testing methodologies
- Basic understanding of back-end technologies, e.g. C#, ASP.NET MVC, IIS
- Knowledge of development lifecycle
- Experience of working with a CMS such as AEM, Wordpress or Contentful
- Experience of working in an Agile process using SCRUM techniques.
- Experience of working with WCAG Accessibility Guidelines.
- Experience with UI/UX and design tools such as Sketch and Invision
- Contributing to the Scrum team
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize features and sites for maximum speed and scalability
- Contributing to product documentation and knowledge base
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders as part of scrum team
- Provide quality feedback to development team and stakeholders
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 620 0123 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.