Newcastle upon Tyne
£18,000 - £25,000
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing web development company, using your development skills to contribute to a wide range of projects.
You’ll start by supporting the lead developer by assisting project development and testing newly released applications, with the aim of transitioning the right candidate into the role of the lead developer. The role requires a passion for problem-solving and a drive to continuously self-improve. You will also have the opportunity to work projects assigned to you from start to finish, with guidance from the rest of the team.
Your role will include:
- Backend web development
- Web application testing, including the development of unit/functional testing suites for automated testing
- PHP/MySQL development using MVCs such as Laravel & Yii2
- Lots of integrations with other platforms & APIs, such as Facebook, Google & Foursquare
- Technical research during project planning
- Day to day support with current projects
- Deployment into Amazon Web Services using Continuous Delivery
- Working on lots of exciting web application & phone apps
- Strong PHP/MySQL developers with any MVC framework
- Comfortable using a GIT & a unix terminal
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Interest in application security is a plus
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.
Chat on WhatsApp
Chat on Messenger
Back to Jobs