£25000 - £30000
Under the direction of the Lead Website Developer, the Website Developer is responsible for the development and ongoing management of our client's website experiences, ensuring all development work is undertaken in line with our technology standards, following standard methodology in terms of code development, management and deployment.
You as the Website Developer will use their skills to create compelling mobile first digital interfaces for our audiences, delivering technical development and changes to our websites. Specifically, they will be responsible for the front-end development of the website, supporting ongoing enhancements and ensuring the site reflects high digital standards. They will work alongside the Marketing Team to ensure optimised website performance and to enhance website functionality.
You will work with technical teams to ensure our websites have a robust infrastructure and are fully supported 24/7. The role holder will be on stand-by to ensure any website issues needing front-end development support can be resolved quickly, working alongside the Service Delivery and website teams.
- Develop and build responsive digital experiences with a mobile-first approach, with specific responsibility for the ongoing management of our websites.
- Create accessible digital elements, assets and visual treatments that adapt to, influence and complements user journeys.
- Assist with website development scoping and estimation exercises.
- Assess the performance and effectiveness of our website code - iterate and improve as appropriate.
- Deliver website coding standards and patterns aligned with our wider technology team standards, ensuring consistency, rapidity and security of the application.
- Ensure quick and effective resolution of website issues where front-end development work is required to fix the issue, minimising website service disruption.
- As required, be on stand-by (out of office hours) to resolve website front-end issues.
- Work in an agile way across development, design and marketing teams to optimise and enhance website performance.
- Be an advocate of the brand by ensuring all creative broadcast is of the highest quality of visual standards. Be an ambassador for Design Excellence.
- Contribute and adhere to visual style guides to ensure consistent delivery across platforms.
- Keep up to date with external trends, competitor and wider brand design work, delivering a clear point of view on best-in-class design and current trends. Actively demonstrate this expertise in the work produced and invest in keeping design skills up to date.
- Take responsibility for personal development, recognising when you need to develop your skill-set and request training accordingly.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Customer NPS scores.
- Customer feedback on our website experience and customer journeys and overall performance through Siteimprove.
- Volume of expressions of dissatisfaction/complaints directly related to website design.
- Positive affirmation from the rest of the business and frontline customer facing team feedback.
- 'Open' and 'repeat' risk events related to the technical delivery of our website.
- Award-winning website accolades.
- Shown website development experience, with a body of work to evidence this, along with relevant degree or professional qualifications.
- Practitioner of industry good practice for web development, including designing responsive/ mobile first and high rated accessibility experiences.
- Proficient digital skillset including Adobe CS and Sketch.
- Experience of developing with a Source Control repo ideally Git / GitLab
- Ability to test and resolve website performance issues.
- Detail oriented yet efficient – ability to prioritise effectively, working accurately and quickly.
- Good communication skills to enable discussion of concepts with developers, designers and SMEs.
- Experience of working reciprocally in cross-discipline design teams with exposure to designing customer journeys and a strong appreciation of UX and developer disciplines.
- Give and take constructive feedback to/from other designers and developers to continually raise standards.
- Passion and drive.
- Dedicated approach to personal development and keeping up to date with standard methodology.
- Understanding data handling with either GraphQL or RESTful APIs
- Using third party technologies to benefit a project such as Netlify, Algolia, Contentful etc.
- Solid grasp of Sketch and Adobe design suite applications
- An understanding of automated tests such as Jest are beneficial
- Knowledge of OWASP security principles
- Experience of working in a sizable multidisciplinary technology team
Could this be the role for you?
If you’d like to have an informal chat about your potential in this role, book in a call with one of our friendly talent advocates on 0191 300 6501 who can provide details, advise and guide you with your job search.
Alternatively, follow us on our blog, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram to follow industry news, events, success stories and new role releases.
Chat on WhatsApp
Chat on Messenger
Back to Jobs